~*~

By The Time I Get Thin, Fat Will Be In












Wednesday, August 15, 2018

My Mis-Adventures at Gatti's Pizza

My recent experience at Mr. Gatti’s pizza was one of the worst I ever had.When my family and I went in on Sunday Aug 12 there was a female manager on duty, We waited a few minutes at the register before she came to take our order. When she got there I said "Hi, we would like to use the catchphrase, pizza party or something like that." She said "That's not the phrase," I said "Oh, I heard it on the radio yesterday and I can not remember what exactly it was but I know it was similar to that." She said "Without the exact phrase I can't give you the discount."  I said "Well give me a sec and I will see if I can pull it up online please." Then we stood there while I searched for the catch phrase on the internet. Party Time by the way. Then when she rang two people up with the $3.99 catchphrase discount it ended up being $12 and some change , not completely sure how that happened.

So I then walked over to the nearly empty bar and asked the guy behind the counter. "Hey, Can I get a special order please?" He then looks at me and then the over and again back at me and says "It will be like 15 or 20 minutes." Not in an informative way in a sassy, condescending maybe you won't want to order after I tell you thin way. So I look at him and against my better judgement get sassy right back (it's hard to out sass a professional sasser) "Well since it is the only thing my son will eat I s'pose I will just have to wait." I then gave him my very simple didn't even need to write it down order and started to make me some pasta marinara but to my dismay the pasta was crusty. No one likes crusty pasta. So I found someone to inform that the pasta had gone crusty. It's kinda like going country except no one's gonna write a song about it also you will never be featured in a Chevy truck commercial for going crusty. No one likes crusty pasta. The manager that was so set one me knowing the catch phrase did not seem real interested in the pasta crust situation. She said "Ok it will be a few minutes before I can get to that." and walked away.At this point the dinner and a show night at Gatti's seems grim. 15-20 minutes on pizza and not an adequate amount of concern for the pasta. I get a couple stick of baby corn, some okra and a cherry coke and retreat to my table. In the sports room by the way because the fun room was a hot mess. Now my chances of catching a disney show were taken from me as well. I curb my thoughts of hitting me knees and screaming why with a dropped plate of baby corn and cherry coke spread around me as the camera pans up and away. I hold my head high and enter the sports room and "What!" the tv isn't even on. How is a person supposed to enjoy a plate of baby corn without some background tv noise that you really wasn’t interested in to begin with. I sulk to the table. After finishing my plate in about 4 bites I wait a bit and converse with my peoples. I felt that an adequate amount of time had passed. So I go to check on the pizza/pasta situation. Hmmm nothing but a few angry people standing around the bar waiting on special orders and complaining. Sounds about right. So having the group mentality I decided to join them at the less than friendly protest. Turns out all of them had been waiting 30+ minutes for pizza. Also some of them were partaking in a birthday party and still had not received pizza from the party they were attending.  (at least that is what I gathered from the ramblings) Ah some one brought out some pasta. I fill my plate and head back to the table. I go back up with to get my fork that in my excitement I had neglected to retrieve. Once I get there the guy cutting the pizza set my order out on the bar. Good thing I was there or it may have been another sassy 15-20 minutes to get my pizza.Now that we are all settled in, eating and conversing everything is going just okay. I head to the bar to ask for some garlic butter cups. The first guy I see is the first guy I ask. He was the nicest person I talked to so far. "Excuse me sir, can I get a little cup of garlic butter?" He says "Sure no problem." and disappears through the door. I am standing at the end of the salad bar by the frozen plates. I hear the sassy pizza guy say. "You need to get back there to the game room." The nice guy says "I am getting something for this lady and then I am headed that way." Then the catchphrase manager overhears and has to insert her authority "Hey what are you doing here you need to go to the game room now." She is at the cash register mind you. He says I am getting this lady some garlic butter and then going back there." She says "No you go back there now." He reappears hands me my cup of butter d'garlic and says "There you go." As though he did not just get publicly reemed. I say "I'm so sorry." because that reaming was kinda my fault. I take my guilt butter, yeah this cup is guilt butter. Like regular butter but filled with the guilt, regret and tears of everyone that has ever had a terrible manager. Any way I take my guilt butter back to the table and begin to eat finally. My mother was not as lucky as I was on my venture. She relied on regular bar pizza for dinner. It never came. She ended up with a couple hard pieces of some pepperoni variations but never anything good. Oh wait she got an old piece of mac and cheese pizza at one point. You know the piece that is cut real small that you give to your toddler so they can hold on to it themselves. That piece that's the mac and cheese pizza piece my mom got.As we were deciding we had about as much fun as we could handle a large guy came around the corner into the sports room and very sternly told the guy cleaning the tables that the ice needs filled. The guy cleaning the tables says "Are you sure because I just done that?" The large guy says "Well I just told you to do it again." Tables guy says "Okay I will get right on it as soon as I finish this table." A lady from quiet room comes over and asks table guy a question. I couldn't hear what it was but he followed her to her table in quiet room. We head out the sports room door and past the bars and start out the door. I look over into quiet room and the last thing I see on this already terrible trip was the large guy enters the quiet room from the garbage pit area and yells at the tables guy who is still talking to the lady and says "When I told you to fill the ice, I meant now not in a minute." Tables then says something to the older lady that came and got him from sports room and walked away leaving her sitting there eating her guilt pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment